Friday 30 March 2012

While I was in the studio today I had a heated discussion with a Mr Mark Collins. (If you know who that is) and we we're discussing the outcome of allowing your child to choose the colour of their room. Mark suggested that if he had a son he wouldn't allow his son to paint their room pink, mainly because of the ramifications such as bullying. I asked several people in the studio and the majority said they wouldn't mind. I think forcing an opinion on children isn't healthy and influences their views in life. But everyone will think differently on this, where would you draw the line? 

2 comments:

  1. i dont think i would have my boys room pink ? eventhough when you think its only a colour it means nothing really ! but we have always been told pink for girls blue for boys it is really sill and there shouldnt be an issue but i understand why people dont !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, wonder where the stereotyping of colours came from...Why wouldn't you allow him to have it pink if he wanted it that colour? And are you automatically seeing bright barbie pink? cause that's what I thought first when it could be a light or dark pink..not as in your face.

    ReplyDelete